Friday, October 29, 2010

Crochet this: Cute Lil' Amigurumi Pumpkin!

I love to crochet cute little decorations. Ever since I learned to crochet from youtube, I've been working on granny square blankets, dolls, vegetables, hats, scarves, gloves... the list goes on and on. This is one of my favorite projects by far. The cute little pumpkin looks very real (well... as real as a pumpkin made from yarn can look).




 I used Peaches and Creme yarn in orange and the green color is Lily Sugar and Cream. I used an F hook instead of the E hook and the pumpkin was definitely tight enough that the stuffing didn't show through.

You can get the pattern for the cute lil pumpkin here: http://www.planetjune.com/blog/free-crochet-patterns/pumpkin/. The designer of the pattern was kind enough to let people use it for free! She does, however, accept donations to fund her projects.Thanks, June!



Additional ideas for your pumpkin:
  • I store my rings on the stem of the pumpkin so I don't lose them. That's a good way to use the pumpkin after the fall season is over!
  • The pumpkin is the perfect size to make into a rustic Christmas ornament- very anthropologie-esque!
  • The pumpkins don't have to stand alone- make a few of them! they'd look adorable piled into a basket and placed on a table.

No comments:

Post a Comment